[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crashes

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 06:55:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I need to know how to debug this issue further. mythfrontend crashes
occassionally when I perform a rescan of my video library under
mythvideo. There is nothing in the log to indicate why and usually,
after restarting mythfrontend, the subsequent scan works fine. What
should I enable at startup to just log this activity?

Also, to improve the WAF, I would like to make a change somewhere so
that when mythfrontend crashes, it restarts by itself. That way, my
wife won't complain about having to drive the mouse and relaunch
mythfrontend from the menu. What would be the best way of implementing
this?

I am running trunk on mythbuntu karmic using the JYA repository.

Thanks

Phil