[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio gone

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 03:48:00 UTC 2010

Hi

On 15 April 2010 11:45, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was likely just lucky that my HDMI audio worked before on Ununtu 9.10, and
> Nvidia 250 card.  185 Nvidia drivers I think.
> I have just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04, JYA .23-fixes and 195Nvidia drivers.
>  Now no sound in myth.
> How can I trouble shoot this?  aplay -l only lists the onboard card and not
> digital or anything else.
> Could it be 195 diver issues?
> Things to try?  Ideas?

I recommend the 195 drivers ; they are working far better with
corrupted video ; almost as good as ffmpeg software decoding now.

I don't believe your issue is related to the video drivers.
In any case, stay away from the 185.x that ships with 10.04. I really
wonder why Ubuntu decided to ship those when they have been superseded
by two full series already...

Didn't you have to patch alsa to get HDMI working with the 250 cards before ?
Upgrading to 10.04 would have replaced your previous ALSA configuration.