[mythtv-users] USB IR Blaster: close but no cigar

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 15 03:16:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Ron Garrison <ron.garrison at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If lsusb shows it as Topseed 0x008, then you have to compile lirc from
>> cvs for the blasters to work properly.  Note - my model does not flash
>> on ir transmit, but I know some of them do.  It probably all depends
>> on which emitters they packaged with them at the time..
>>

> He's right - I missed that you had compiled a tarball and not the cvs.
>  There was a change within the last two weeks that affects thsi unit.

A bit more than two weeks ago now, actually. Greg Oliver was kind
enough to send me a topseed 0x0008 he had (aka the same AVS Gear
GP-IR02BK kit the other Greg linked to), and I was able to figure out
the necessary changes for lirc_mceusb to enable its transmitters, and
that code was just committed back on March 18 in my git tree, and
shortly thereafter to lirc cvs. The IR emitters in the kit Greg sent
me don't light up either.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com