[mythtv-users] What should we be testing in 0.23-RC2

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Wed Apr 14 23:23:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> FWIW, I /highly/ recommend using 0.23-fixes versus any of the RC tarballs or
> SVN tags.  *buntu has 0.23-fixes available in their auto-builds (
> http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds ).  Other distros likely have -fixes
> available, too.

I installed from atrpms-testing for Fedora 12, Axel is usually picked up
-fixes.

> > Is there anything we should be testing, and do the devs want POSITIVE
> > feedback on part, if it's working just fine ?
>
> Positive feedback here on -users list is good for both devs who read -users
> /and/ for users who might be considering upgrading.

So far it is working fine.  I would suggest adding some upgrade tips to the
release notes.

 o Be sure to run mythtv-setup before restarting the backend.

 o It will be a good idea to run a mythfrontend process on your backened,
before doing so from any other machine. In the upgrade process, when it
computes the hash or whatever it does, it seems to took over twice as long
when I did a test upgrade from a networked frontend.

 o Put in the major changes section "'I' and 'M' are swapped." Because I
followed all the discussions, and STILL was messed up when I tried to bring
up a menu. :-)