[mythtv-users] Dual display of Mythfrontend (different resolutions)?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:13:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 01:03, Thomas Pontoppidan
<Spam1 at pontoppidan.name> wrote:
> 2010/4/14 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>
>>
>> In the display settings of gnome simply drag the screens on top of each.
>> Gnome display settings will then configure x to send the same output to both
>> screens, not sure how different resolutions will work though with out a
>> laptop style "now use this screen" button combo to change the video xard
>> output.
>> Composed and sent from a mobile phone. Please excuse my brevity and
>> mistakes.
>>
> That is what I did at first (using Nvidia Display settings) setting up
> twinview as "clone". The problem with that is the different resolutions; it
> crops the image on the smaller display instead of sclaing it.

Haven't been following the thread, and don't know if this will help
since it was an older version of X windows, but might give you some
clues and it just might be the same today. I had two monitors: and CRT
at 1280 and a Television running off of one MX440. They obviously had
two different resolutions. It worked just fine for years. Heres the
thread with the xorg.conf:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/171941#171941

Starting mythFE is also in the thread

--