[mythtv-users] New system configuration

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Wed Apr 14 14:18:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:
> They problem for you is that, although another frontend can watch
> these live recordings they can't watch them seemlessly like the
> frontend that started livetv. They can only watch them by going to the
> recordings menu and selecting a recording and when that recording ends
> such as when the channel was changed or when the program ends they
> will be returned to the menu.

Pretty sure this doesn't happen if you have MultiRec set up - at
least, I think that's the reason I've never seen what you're
describing. I've always been able to sit down at another frontend,
pull up LiveTV and watch any channel on the tuned Mux without having
to stuff about with the Recordings list (I've never actually USED that
ability for anything, but in testing, it always worked)

I've never tried it with more frontends than virtual tuners, though,
so you may well be correct.

At any rate, it sounds like he only needs to be able to use it on one
frontend at once?

- Chris