[mythtv-users] New system configuration

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Wed Apr 14 13:45:28 UTC 2010

> It's a DVR like any other, just an uncommonly flexible one. If you buy
> a Tivo, you can record from 2 different channels at once, because it
> has 2 tuners. MythTV is the same, except you have the option of adding
> as many tuners as you want! (I used one tuner for a long time, but
> never for LiveTV, I just used the tuners in the TV's for that. Now
> I've got 2 tuners, and thus far, I've only had one occasion where I've
> wished I had 3)

Ah, now I start to understand (I think). One recorder is enough, as you say.
What I'm thinking about is that the tuner is connected to the server, and that
the server distributes the live signal from any channel to the frontend that
wants it. Don't know if that's

a) Possible
b) Impossible
c) Not a task for a server
d) Handled by another application than MythTV
e) ...

--
Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: kaare at jasonic.dk