[mythtv-users] UK: Problem with Freeview MUX D channels after digital switchover

Peter Toft peter at tofty.com
Wed Apr 14 12:23:16 UTC 2010

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:52:55 +0100
> From: Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] UK: Problem with Freeview MUX D channels
>        after digital switchover
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Peter Toft wrote:
>
>>After digital switchover completed in the UK last week,
>
> Err, no it didn't ! Your transmitter may have completed DSO, but we
> are still fairly early on in the process as far as much of the
> country is concerned.

Apologies, I meant to state that this referred to my area, NW Bristol
served by Mendip.

> Steve Curtis wrote:
>
>>>FWIW, I'm seeing this also (Mendip xmitter), but only on my Nova-t
>>>500, my std Nova-t PCI is tuning fine.

Interesting.

>>Do you have an updated uk-Mendip tuning file for Mendip post DSO...
>>or did you just do a full scan within Mythtv again?

In my case I deleted all existing channels, then did a full scan (4
times). I've never come across "tuning files". I will look into this.
(Each of the four scans did find all of the available channels.)

> FWIW, when we got switched up here in Winter Hill territory, I found
> a normal scan would not pull in most of the channels. I had to scan
> each frequency separately for it to work - or it might have been to
> create one frequency and then do a scan, I can't recall now.
>
> You might find it useful to review the thread from early December
> with the title "Winter Hill work 2nd December?".

I'll take a look at that.

Cheers,
Peter