[mythtv-users] CI+

Thomas Mueller thomas+mythtv at chaschperli.ch
Wed Apr 14 11:18:35 UTC 2010

hi

In switzerland Cablecom (UPC) will start broadcasting dvb-c encrypted
with the "brandnew" CI+ "standard" this summer.

Reading wikipedia and googling around CI+ seems to be some (IMHO)
bullshit system. My understanding is that it possibly will never be
"compatible" with Linux/MythTV. I asked Hauppauge support about their
plans about CI+  - they do not have any plans. :/ (maybe others have?)

Is there somewhere anybody already using CI+ and maybe knows if it's
gonna work out with Linux/MythTV?

- Thomas