[mythtv-users] UK: Problem with Freeview MUX D channels after digital switchover

Peter Toft peter at tofty.com
Wed Apr 14 08:42:27 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help with this problem:

After digital switchover completed in the UK last week, I cannot
record any of the channels on Freeview MUX D (ARQ B), including Film4
and ITV4. The channels were found correctly and in the correct channel
positions during channel scanning, but the tuners do not achieve
signal lock. (My TV, connected to the same aerial socket as the Myth
box, gets a perfect (80-85%) signal on all MUXes including 'D'.) The
Myth box is picking up all the other MUXes just fine. Previously the
Myth box had no trouble recording any of the MUXes/channels.

The pertinent bits of my configuration are:
- 2 x Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual tuner cards (all 4 tuners set to multirec)
- MythTV 0.21 on Ubuntu 9.04 with all updates

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Peter