[mythtv-users] Order of tuner cards

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Wed Apr 14 02:42:03 UTC 2010

I looked into this- there is a way to tell the kernel to associate a
particular device, sysfs I think
http://en.opensuse.org/Persistent_Storage_Device_Names

My system on Ubuntu 7.10 with 1 x PCI dual tuner, and 1 x dual USB tuner
would regularly get the order the wrong way around, and as the device
driver for the USB tuner was buggy and would only allow the 1st tuner to
work, I would randomly get a working or not working tuner, depending if
the USB or PCI tuner was found 1st.

You could try plugging the USB tuner into different USB ports to see if
one "comes up" after the PCIe tuner (ie is enumerated first).

I haven't reconnected my 2nd tuner on my Ubuntu 9.10 system (not mythbuntu
as I wanted mirrored RAID and LVM), but will have to try this soon as my
GF's appetite for recording programs is starting to overlap with mine,
need 3 tuners as minimum for 2 person household.  Though the multiplexed
digital tuner setup in Mythtv really helps!!!!

Luck!

Indulis