[mythtv-users] Order of tuner cards

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 00:19:55 UTC 2010

On 14 April 2010 00:37, Rodd Clarkson <rodd at clarkson.id.au> wrote:
> I've got three tuner cards on my system.
>
> My main two are on a Hauppauge NOTA-T 500 which plug into a PCI slot.
> The other is a Leadtek USB Dongle Gold.
>
> At the moment, Fedora detects the Leaktek card first and puts this in as
> adapter0, and then the NOVA-T tuners are apader1 and adapter2.
>
> I'd like this to be the other way around, so that I can use the Leadtek
> elsewhere when I'm not needing it for the BE, but if I remove it I have
> to remove and re-add all the tuners.
>
> Is it possible to force linux to delay the loading of the Leadtek USB
> dongle until after the NOVA-T.

A good option (although can take a little while to determine the
relevant information to plug into the rules) is to use udev to control
the names of device nodes:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev#Example_DVB_udev_Rules_file

With the device names fixed via udev, you can unplug your USB tuner
without affecting the Nova-T 500's nodes on a subsequent reboot.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott