[mythtv-users] Question about Storage groups...

Steven Dennis nzdreamer55 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 23:34:47 UTC 2010

> > Steve
> Have you read here?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html

I have looked at this, however I'm a little confused on how to use
subversion.  I understand the theory in that it only down loads and
updates new stuff, however in practice I'm not sure how to do this.

I understand how to flush out a tarball file.  Kind of get how to
compile a program, not to sure how to use subversion to "get" stuff.
The HOWTO file does not really address this, only states that this is
the most up to date way of getting it.

> Also, to add a directory to the default group make sure
> you highlight it then press select/enter and enter
> the path in the box that appears.  Read about Storage
> groups here:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1

Thanks this link helps a lot.  From what I have learned so far it
seems that installing ubuntu first then adding mythtv would be the
best way, however a little harder than a distribution specific method.

> Nasa

When partitioning the drive is a swap partition needed or recommended?
 I just went to my first Linux gathering locally and the speaker noted
that a swap partition isn't needed as typical RAM is so large (Did I
just start on a controversial topic?)

Steve