[mythtv-users] Transmitting on two separate IR transmitters via IguanaIR

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Apr 13 16:58:49 UTC 2010

On 4/13/2010 9:46 AM, Ben Eisemann wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Well (I think) I finally got my Iguana USB IR Transceiver (2 plugs
> version) changing channels on a Motorola DTA100 under Mythbuntu.
>
> My next step is to setup a second tuner and DTA100 combo, and drive it
> off the 2nd plug from the IguanaIR.
>
> My questions is this: how do I go from transmitting out channel 1 and
> then go and send an IR signal to a separate DTA100 sitting behind
> channel 3?
> I realize I could probably make two separate channel change scripts
> just send the "set_transmitter 1" at the top of 1 and "set_transmitter
> 3" at the top of the other.  But is there a more elementary way that I
> am missing?

I'm not using the Iguana transceiver but in my dual-tuner setup I made the
transmitter selection one of the parameters to my channel change script. So in
myth I specified the channel change script as "myscriptname 1" for the first
tuner and "myscriptname 2" for the second. This way I have only one script to
maintain. I'll be happy to share it if you want.