[mythtv-users] Network Attached USB Adapter

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 13 15:27:37 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 09:20:13 am Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Someone asked recently about a way to attach USB devices through the LAN.
>  Just saw this:
>
> http://www.addonics.com/products/nas/ADU2N1G.asp
>
> Some suggested setting up an Acer Revo or somesuch to host USB devices. But
> *this* is really what we're thinking about: No OS to maintain, only $50, 5V
> power, etc.

Interesting device, and a lot cheaper than any other similar solution I've
seen.

I wonder what would happen if part of the network link was wireless (like a
WiFi bridge). IOW, what network layer does it operate on?

> I don't see any mention of OS support on the page. I assume Linux support
>  will *not* be provided by the manufacturer.

Probably a safe bet. Even if it can be made to work the manufacturer would
probably not "support" it.