[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Audio Sync Issues After Channel Change

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 22:13:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM, John Boyle <general_veers_01 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> My HD-PVR pretty much works wonderfully until I change the channel, at which point the audio goes way out of sync. I'm running latest svn and have tried various versions of the firmware to no avail.
>
> I'm changing channel via firewire on an SA3250 using sa4250_ch - I couldn't get the 3250 to work properly. There's no significant errors on front or backend, so I'm not entirely sure where to look.
>
> Could it be an issue with the channel change script (I don't see how) or is there something else that could be the culprit.
>
> Thanks!

The HD-PVR doesn't like being told to "record" when the STB (e.g.
SA3250) has not stabilized on the new channel yet.  The result is
usually a few seconds of corruption, which could easily cause you A/V
sync issue.

Easiest fix, is to add a few seconds of sleep to the end of your
channel change script.  You could also try the patches listed on the
wiki.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.