[mythtv-users] FireDTV anyone

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 11 19:34:18 UTC 2010

On Sunday 11 April 2010 01:22:14 pm Björn Lundin wrote:
> I posted a specific mail the 5th, but got no replies, so I'm thinking of
> generalising my situation a bit.
> Has anyone a successful installation with a FireDTV/T on linux, with myth
> 0.22
>
> With successful, I mean not only free channels,but also encrypted channels
> via
> CAM. I can watch them, but change of channels to another mux, and encrypted
> channel freezes the
> CA module, and no more channels switches can be done without reboot.
>
> Anyone got past that?

I am unsure of precisely what you mean by watching encrypted material via CAM.
if this is something other than an "official" method, it might explain the lack
of responses, as this list does not generally discuss "unofficial" methods of
decrypting video.

In any case, you might have a look here:

http://www.firedtv.bbackx.com/