[mythtv-users] Does language en_gb exist (even though I can select it)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 11 12:42:23 UTC 2010

On 04/11/2010 08:10 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>> Is this by any chance why the menu in MythMusic is SO tiny that even 6"
>>> from a 40" screen I still can't read it (sub pixel sized font?)
>>>
>> We're currently looking for someone to do the translations for en_gb.
>> The reason we need them (and one for en_us) is because translations
>> allow us to do plurals properly--i.e. "1 recording" versus "12
>> recordings" versus "No recordings"...  Plus, it means you UK'ers can see
>> "programme" and stuff like that.  :)
>>
>> Unfortunately, a hack was put in to suppress the message for en_us...  I
>> may have to undo that hack so someone will do those translations, too.
>>
> I take it from this that the unreadable MythMusic menu dialog has nothing
> to do with the language setting then :-(
>
> Can you give me some clues as to how to progress this? The frontend on the
> main backend box is OK, the separate Zotac board has the tiny text.

That sounds like what will happen to the unthemed/Qt dialogs (and setup
pages) when you use bad values for '"Small" font', '"Medium" font', and
'"Big" font' settings in Appearance settings.  Defaults are 25, 16, and
12, respectively.

> Another clue may be that in the web browser, the mouseover text are also
> unreadably small but I'm not seeing any font load errors.

I'm pretty sure that in 0.22-fixes you won't get any errors if you don't
have a font installed on your system.  And 0.23-fixes will automatically
load fonts provided by themes, but 0.22-fixes won't.

Mike