[mythtv-users] Does language en_gb exist (even though I can select it)

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Apr 11 12:10:59 UTC 2010

>> Is this by any chance why the menu in MythMusic is SO tiny that even 6"
>> from a 40" screen I still can't read it (sub pixel sized font?)
>>

> We're currently looking for someone to do the translations for en_gb.
> The reason we need them (and one for en_us) is because translations
> allow us to do plurals properly--i.e. "1 recording" versus "12
> recordings" versus "No recordings"...  Plus, it means you UK'ers can see
> "programme" and stuff like that.  :)
>
> Unfortunately, a hack was put in to suppress the message for en_us...  I
> may have to undo that hack so someone will do those translations, too.

I take it from this that the unreadable MythMusic menu dialog has nothing
to do with the language setting then :-(

Can you give me some clues as to how to progress this? The frontend on the
main backend box is OK, the separate Zotac board has the tiny text.
Another clue may be that in the web browser, the mouseover text are also
unreadably small but I'm not seeing any font load errors.

--
Robin Gilks zl3rob/g8ecj
Internet: g8ecj at gilks.org    http://www.gilks.org