[mythtv-users] netflix + myth 0.23

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Apr 10 15:25:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 02:17:36PM -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 14:11, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, April 9, 2010 9:07 pm, jedi wrote:
> >>
> >>     I can't speak to the bandwidth because I don't have the
> >> instrumentation
> >> in place. However, based on my own personal experience you might want to
> >> opt
> >> for one of the game consoles rather than the roku box. At least as far as
> >> Netflix streaming goes, the Wii version seems to have more interesting
> >> browsing options and no discernable drop in quality for the stuff I've
> >> been
> >> streaming so far.
> >
> > Interesting.... I was on the Wii site; they're saying that the netflix CD
> > is not available yet...  Wassup?
>
> goto netflix and order:
>
> http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices?trkid=921401&lnkctr=mh_nfrd&lnkce=nrd-ohm

Yeah... what he said.

Just do it. I ordered mine as soon as they were taking requests on the
Netflix site and I got mine in the first batch of shipments. Now I wish
I could run it on all of my Myth boxes. It's real cool and a real drag
that it's stuck to the one TV where the Wii is plugged in.

I also got a roku box to try out but I didn't really like it so much.