[mythtv-users] Yet another Fedora 12 lirc_serial question

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 09:50:08 UTC 2010

I recently upgraded to Fedora 12 from CentOS 5. To start with lirc was
working just fine. Then I noticed that mythfrontend wouldn't start
from mythwelcome because pulseaudio was installed so I removed that
and the same day lirc stopped working. May have been a coincidence, I
don't know.

But a reinstall didn't get lirc working again so now I'm stuck. I know
there have been some lirc issues on Fedora 12 which Jarod posted some
new packages for at
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/lirc/0.8.6/4.fc12/i686/ But
I'm already running a later version:

lirc-0.8.6-5.fc12.i686
lirc-libs-0.8.6-5.fc12.i686

So should I install the ones from Jarod's link or not? Also, just to
confirm, we don't need lirc kmdl packages any more with Fedora 12,
correct?

Regards,
Phill