[mythtv-users] Debugging EIT on UK DVB-T

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 08:44:37 UTC 2010

On 9 April 2010 21:47, martin <martin at mstubbs.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 09 Apr 2010 16:09:28 martin wrote:
>> I have a mythtv backend that has always been difficult to to get EIT capture started. I have previously scanned for channels a number of different ways, using dvb scan output and a full scan, and eventually it starts but I don't know what makes the difference. Once eit is running it works very well.
>> I have now upgraded to 0.23 fixes and done a new scan using the output from from dvb scan and again the EIT capture is not working. I don't want to do a full scan as I can now pick up other regions transmissions.

Have you tried Passive EIT scanning?  I've never had a problem with
that in the UK.  As far as I know, passive scaning is suitable
provided all your capture cards are providing the same channels (which
I'm guessing is possibly the case if you're using Freeview in the
UK.).  Passive scanning is configured in the backend setup somewhere.

Not sure how long you have to wait for? - EIT data does take a while to appear.