[mythtv-users] netflix + myth 0.23

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Apr 9 21:00:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, April 8, 2010 1:44 pm, Brian Wood wrote:

> On the plus side, the success of the dedicated hardware units (like the
> Roku
> player) should prove to the program suppliers that Linux can "protect"
> their
> content as well as any other OS, and that Linux is not just a pirate tool.

I am considering a Roku.... Can someone who owns one please clue me in on
the bandwidth requirements?  I apparently live in the digital hinterlands.
 I currently get 1.7 up/1.7 down; I can get "up to" 7 mb/sec down but I
only get 896kb/sec up - and I pay more.

I'll settle for SD if I can get it with the bandwidth I have.

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.