[mythtv-users] Comcast DVR - pulling recordings

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Fri Apr 9 19:12:24 UTC 2010

My Comcast signals were encrypted, bye bye clear QAM (still have broadcast
HD).

Trying to figure out how to make value of Myth for PVR functionality now.
I'll need a Comcast STB for some signal decoding... trying to figure out
the merits of taking the Comcast DVR versus a Comcast STB and investing in
some other card/IR combo... (I'm in the processing of selling my very
functional HDHR dual tuners).

What are ppl in similar situation doing with this kind of decision?  At
this point, my Myth kit doesn't have much value for PVR.  (yes, music,
movies, pictures are all still wonderful benefits of Myth).