[mythtv-users] Myth 0.22 on Lucid 10.04

Jim jim at electron.phys.dal.ca
Fri Apr 9 15:34:43 UTC 2010

bhaskins at chartermi.net wrote:
> ---- Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9 April 2010 00:18, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
>>

>>> No, really, it'll be easy - nothing in your backend configuration
>>> should be affected - 0.23-fixes really just feels like 0.22-fixes++
>>>
>>> - Chris
>>>

>> So I've got a nice stable 8.04 backend with a nice xfs RAID5 array for my
>> media.  I'll clonezilla first of course, but is it worth upgrading to 9.04
>> and then 10.04 and then switch up to 0.23-fixes.  I've had some issues with
>> other packages that mean I could do with moving up a release or two..
>>
>> Or - I suppose I _should_ re-install 10.04 onto a new drive :-(
>>
>> Steve.
>>
> I hope that this is not considered to be hijacking this thread but maybe this might
> save someone some time.
> I  did both a inplace upgrade and a fresh install of 10.04 on two different laptops
> with the intention of moving them to .23.
> Hibernation is just completely smashed flat on both where it was working fine on 09.10.
> I don't have a path to the lucid devs so I don't know how to report this.
> One or both of these boxes are used to do a FireWire capture off of STB(s)
> which is a hit or miss thing in ianyway so the hibernation crash is a major deal breaker.

No hijack away, I think any upgrade discussions are valuable to those of
us who invest so much time fiddling with their systems.

On my new Macbook Pro power management is iffy with 2.6.32-16 (apmd has
died once or twice) but seems stable with 2.6.31-20
insofar as Suspend/Resume goes, I don't have a Hibernate option.
Jim

Jim Chisholm
Dalhousie University
Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science
Dunn 207, Lord Dalhousie Drive
Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada B3H3J5
Office (902)494-3449
Email jim at electron.phys.dal.ca