[mythtv-users] ext4 fsck after power outage

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:10:19 UTC 2010

I recently moved from Centos 5 to Fedora 12 and tonight had a power
outage. The machine wouldn't come back up without me running some
manual fsck commands which is really bad for the WAF.

Does ext4 work with /etc/sysconfig/autofsck? If I put the following
lines in that file will this ensure that everythgin happens
automatically?
    AUTOFSCK_TIMEOUT=5
    AUTOFSCK_DEF_CHECK=yes

I'm a little wary of adding these lines because I read that doing this
with a journalled file system like ext3 (and therefore ext4?) can
cause teh file system check to screw things up (see
http://www.brunolinux.com/04-The_File_System/Auto_Fsck.html)

My objective is to have the box do an automatic file system check on
the ext4 partitions when it powers back on after an unclean shutdown
with no user input required. If this isn't the correct way, does
anyone know what is?

Regards,
Phill