[mythtv-users] More problems with Mirobridge

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 10:48:20 UTC 2010

----- "Nasa" <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Been trying to get mirobridge to work from cron, but am having some
> issues I hope the smart people
> on the list could help me out with.
>
> 1. I have 2 problems with geekbrief (doesn't show up with any other
> show I am downloading) -- a particular episode is
>    reentered everyday and the title is all wacky....  ie:
> (geekbrief-223347-03-31-2010-
>
> dopvhost=media.podshow.com_doppl=f30215f8b8b1c543b8e1c513fdf1404fb8e.mp4
> instead of just geekbrief)
>
> 2. And more importantly mirobridge (run from cron) crashes with the
> following:
>
> Shutting down...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line
> 2677, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line
> 2644, in main
>     if not updateMythRecorded(unwatched):
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line
> 1789, in updateMythRecorded
>     records = createRecordedRecords(item)
>   File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line
> 1373, in createRecordedRecords
>     start_end = getStartEndTimes(ffmpeg_details[u'duration'],
> item[u'downloadedTime'])
> TypeError: 'bool' object is unsubscriptable

For recorded keeping -- this error came from ffmpeg not being in the path
that cron sets/uses (usually in /etc/crontab).  Solution is to change
/etc/crontab or add a PATH line at the top of your 'crontab -e' file.
Thanks Doug...

On an earlier reply, Doug, you asked had mirobridge ever worked.  The
answer to the question is both Yes and No.  I rediscovered the issues
I was trying to work out previously.  As I stated the solution above
allowed the script to complete out of cron.  I reset the execution time
to 2AM, since I am sure to be sleeping then, and left things to thier
devices.  What I discovered when I reviewed the logs this morning, is
that mirobridge was still running (at 0430).  The log showed it was updating
a feed (I'm pretty sure for geekbrief) and 'ps aux' showed mirobridge and
democracy_downloaded running (and had been so for a while).  Since both
processes looked frozen, I killed both (no -9 needed).  A quick retry (not
from cron) -- and I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line 2664, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line 2357, in main
videostodelete = getOldrecordedOrphans()
File "/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py", line 1205, in getOldrecordedOrphans
if data[u'title'].lower() in channel_icon_override:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

see: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/426661?search_string=mirobridge;#426661

I will attempt to rerun mirobridge a couple of times to see if  that
clears the above abort -- if so I would chaulk it up to killing the processes
in an unsafe manner.

As far as the hang in the first place, I noticed these discussions
while googling the subject:

http://getsatisfaction.com/participatoryculturefoundation/topics/miro_wont_start_download
(note the last two comments -- no solution or futher discussion on this here)

http://getsatisfaction.com/participatoryculturefoundation/topics/geekbrief_tv_download_crashes_miro

The second link I haven't done anything to verify -- as I have several geekbrief vidoes
downloaded and listed....  Although, most (if not all) of my issues seems to revolve around it.

So all that said -- had anyone else seen any of this?  Care to comment?  Any Suggestions?

Nasa