[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.22 Upgrade mythwelcome problem

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 9 06:19:37 UTC 2010

>You are correct, my system clock is UTC
>
>I'll have a look over the weekend when I have some time. I don't think there
>were any system/time based upgrades during my myth upgrade (I run gentoo and
>there weren't an enormous amount of upgrades apart from myth and the
>database latin/utf issue).
>
>What I find interesting is that my system still wakes up correctly as per my
>2:00am -> 2:30am schedule to download the EPG but fails to wake for the
>recorded times.
>
>Like I said, I'll investigate further and see if I can't nail down whether
>it is a UTC/localtime issue
>
>Jason

Check /etc/conf.d/clock.

This often gets re-written and on late nights after big updates (where there may
be a large number of files to check etc-update) I've often chosed the "-5" option
and not noticed that /etc/conf.d/clock has reverted back to it's original state..
.. which is

clock="UTC"

instead of clock="local"

You may also find your timezone entry looks like TIMEZONE="FACTORY" instead of
"Australia/Melbourne" (or whatever the correct one for you is).....

although you did say there weren't many updates which is a bit weird..

BTW  how did you go with mythweb, I'm struggling under Gentoo with this?? (please
see my other posts)..