[mythtv-users] Sound issue for one recording in 0.22 (not 0.23)

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 04:19:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 9 April 2010 13:10, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My recording of Survivor tonight had no sound for some reason.  The
> frontend
> > is a Revo 1600, and since the system's been stable (many months now),
> never
> > had a problem with no sound.  The backend records from an HDHomeRun and
> an
> > HD-PVR.
> > I tried recording the 11 o'clock news from the same channel, no sound
> > problems.  I had three recordings going when Survivor recorded, so I
> tried
> > that again, but no sound issues with any of them.
> > My audio settings are:
> > output device: ALSA:hdmi
> > Passthrough device: default
> > Max channels: 5.1
> > Upmix: passive
> > passthrough enabled for AC3 and DTS
>

> Those aren't settings that would ever work for 0.22 if using digital
> audio...
>
> Max Channels has to be set to stereo if you want sound over digital.
>
> Or you are using a non-standard 0.22 build with the audio code from
> 0.23 backported

Standard mythbuntu 0.22-fixes.  Library api dated 0.22.20091023-1, mythtv
version listed as 23193 by mythbackend, network protocol 50.

I've never had a problem with any sound in a recording since first got
things all working with the Revo.  I always record the HD broadcasts of
shows, except for shows only available through the STB, via the HD-PVR.

Changing Max Channels to stereo doesn't appear to affect the audio playback
of the 3 or 4 shows I just tested.  Still missing on Survivor and still
present on the others.

?

-Jerry