[mythtv-users] Sound issue for one recording in 0.22 (not 0.23)

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 03:29:49 UTC 2010

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Rubinow
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 11:11 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Sound issue for one recording in 0.22 (not 0.23)

My recording of Survivor tonight had no sound for some reason.  The frontend
is a Revo 1600, and since the system's been stable (many months now), never
had a problem with no sound.  The backend records from an HDHomeRun and an
HD-PVR.

I tried recording the 11 o'clock news from the same channel, no sound
problems.  I had three recordings going when Survivor recorded, so I tried
that again, but no sound issues with any of them.

My audio settings are:

output device: ALSA:hdmi

Passthrough device: default

Max channels: 5.1

Upmix: passive

passthrough enabled for AC3 and DTS

Any suggestions for things to try?

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry, a few weeks ago I had a single recording have no audio as well.

I am using Trunk, not sure which version at the time, and I don't have an
HD-PVR. I too had recordings both before and after work fine.

If it is only one recording, then I think it was an issue with the
broadcaster. I have also seen some commercials not play audio but when the
show resumes it does. Since your other recordings all seem fine I doubt this
is a programmatical error.

MarcT