[mythtv-users] What to replace the AppleTV - but with?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 01:43:43 UTC 2010

Lots of options, let me put in my vote for a Revo 1600. The internal drive
is
slow, but can be replaced, or used in conjunction with an eSATA drive, or
you
can netboot it.

It's got at least a little bit of future-proofing: it can take a CrystalHD
module, should that ever develop into a better solution. Other mini-PCIe
modules may come along as well.

You need to add some RAM, so you can give VDPAU all it wants, but for $230
total it's still an  economical choice IMHO.

I'm sure others have other suggestions, you're certainly right that the ION
is
no longer cutting-edge hardware, but it works well, doesn't draw all that
much
power (especially netbooting) and isn't as bad looking as some electronics
often is.

This late in the game, I would wait a few more weeks until the atom/ion2
system from zotac is released.

http://zotac.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=100033&lan
g=en

MarcT