[mythtv-users] What to replace the AppleTV - but with?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:49:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using the ATV, modified Apple TV, for my front room FE. I'd
> like to upgrade it to a small unit but with a bit more power. Any
> suggestions? ION boards are what I've heard of and researched a while
> back, but that's been about a year now. ZOTAC ION are still the best
> bet? Anything better out there? What about a complete system? Are the
> ZOTAC computer systems any good? I'd like a fanless system.

I have not used one for Myth, but we use these at work, and they are
nice little boxes:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158009&cm_re=asrock_ion-_-56-158-009-_-Product

This version comes with a remote and ir-receiver:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158011&cm_re=asrock_ion-_-56-158-011-_-Product

They also have a version with a blu-ray drive, if you want to splurge
for some reason.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.