[mythtv-users] Can't record but can watch Live TV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 8 23:39:15 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 05:34:36 pm Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 15:16, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have 4 tuners: pcHDTV3000, PVR-250, HDHR
> >
> > I'm updating a crashed gentoo system to Mythbuntu. After upgrading
> > from 0.21 1215 to 0.22 (?) I couldn't record anything.
> > I deleted all encoders and started over - this time just adding
> > pcHDTV3000 and PVR-250 and leaving the HDHR out.
> > After finagling a bit, I could watch PVR-250 (analog Cable) and
> > pcHDTV3000 (ATSC) live.
>
> Want to add that I'm running:
>
> mythbuntu ubuntu 9.10
> branches/release-0-22-fixes [22594]
> protocol version 50

Watching live TV *is* recording. It's just recording and playing back that
same recording, so you are in fact recording if you can watch TV.

I'd make sure that the location where you write your recordings exists and has
the proper permissions, since the place where live TV puts its recordings
differs from the "recording" location.

Also check your logs, but that goes without saying.