[mythtv-users] Can't record but can watch Live TV

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:16:40 UTC 2010

I have 4 tuners: pcHDTV3000, PVR-250, HDHR

I'm updating a crashed gentoo system to Mythbuntu. After upgrading
from 0.21 1215 to 0.22 (?) I couldn't record anything.
I deleted all encoders and started over - this time just adding
pcHDTV3000 and PVR-250 and leaving the HDHR out.
After finagling a bit, I could watch PVR-250 (analog Cable) and
pcHDTV3000 (ATSC) live.

I tried to record on both encoders last night. This morning I see that
CH 7 on the PVR 250 (analog cable) did not record.
Today I tried both encoders to determine the problem. I made sure I
could watch Live TV with both encoders. I set a time to record on both
encoders and the pcHDTV3000 recorded ok. However, the PVR-250 did not
record.

Why can I view Live TV in PVR-250, but no recording.

Maybe this will help, maybe it's nothing. I noticed in
MythWeb>>Backend a reference to 3 tuners:

Encoder 6 is local on killtivo and is not recording.
Encoder 7 is local on killtivo and is recording 'The Wendy Williams
Show' on KNTV-HD. This recording is scheduled to end at 4:00 PM.
Encoder 11 is local on killtivo and is not recording.

--
Brad Fuller
+1 (408) 335-0112