[mythtv-users] Snapstream 50-tuner beast

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 16:55:00 UTC 2010

This is little more than a publicity stunt I suppose, since they don't
necessarily need a server rack or a 100TB of storage, but I suppose
it's cool nonetheless. Who on this list has the most tuners these
days? I remember an old post where somebody was wiring a hotel or
something...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/snapstreams-monster-dvr-records-50-channels-at-once-even-when/

"Run a coax in the back and, with a fully configured unit, you can
record a whopping 50 channels simultaneously onto over 100TB of
storage. The trick is it's actually five separate rack-mounted
SnapStream DVRs that all join together to share storage, work across
tuners, and to fight the evil King Zarkon from the planet Doom -- or
at least to record all the Voltron reruns ever aired, ever."