[mythtv-users] netflix + myth 0.23

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:15:48 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> The mythflix plugin has been dropped from 0.23.
>
> Is there a way to stream mythflix movies within myth, or some what that can
> be incorporated into myth?

There is no native Linux Netflix client for streaming Netflix content.
 That being said, you could use products like PlayOn that restream
Netflix content via UPnP which in theory you could connect to using
the UPnP filesystem client for Linux.  I can't say whether or not it
works but others here might be doing similar things.  Another option
would be to use a virtualization product like VirtualBox to launch an
Internet Explorer window into your Linux environment for viewing.  But
as far as "in Myth" goes, no.

Kevin