[mythtv-users] SAA7146 'budget' PCI

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:20:32 UTC 2010

On 8 April 2010 10:26, mat <mat at lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:

> I was hoping that I could try some stuff here at work (via ssh, no X).
>
> I would really like to get this working as the Analog TV's been switched
> of here now, so my server will get some more usage.
>
> Any ideas, gratefully recieved.

You could check for tda1004x/firmware/saa7146 messages:

# dmesg |fgrep "tda"
# dmesg |fgrep "firmware"
# dmesg |fgrep "saa7146"

You can also use (dvb)scan (to scan and create a channels.conf file)
and tzap (to tune to a particular channel) to test the card remotely
over ssh.

Do you need to manually modprobe a driver to have the card detected
and its nodes created, or is it autodetected on boot?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott