[mythtv-users] More problems with Mirobridge

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 10:19:56 UTC 2010

----- "Doug Vaughan" <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com> wrote:

> Nasa,
>     A test to try. Add two cron jobs that have the following commands
>
> env `dbus-launch` sh -c 'trap "kill $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID" EXIT;
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py -Vt' >
> "/tmp/envtest_mirobridge.log" 2>&1
>
> and
>
> ffmpeg --help > "/tmp/envtest_ffmpeg.log" 2>&1
>

> Pastebin the results from the two log files and post the link to this
>
> thread. Make sure the pastebin will not be removed from at least a few
>
> days. Even though "--help" is not a valid argument for ffmpeg it will
>
> verify that ffmpeg can be accessed within your cron environment. Do
> not
> bother changing this parameter to the valid "-h".
>
> I am suspicious that ffmpeg is not available to the cron environment.
>
> This test must be run from your regular crontab not just a one off
> cron
> job. Once you run the test and have captured the results you can
> remove
> the two cron jobs.
>
> As far as the odd naming of the Geekbrief video I do not know but lets
>
> deal with one issue at a time.
>
> Has MiroBridge ever worked for you? If it has then when did it stop
> working and what has changed within the period that it stopped
> working?

Thanks Doug,

The link is http://pastebin.com/tW5CqpWV -- however, I can give the
readers digest version.

/bin/sh: ffmpeg: command not found

Mirobridge works fine outside of cron, I *think* it worked correctly at one
time...  but I've had a number of issues I've been working through and can't
be sure of that.

For the ffmpeg problem, I plan to add the following to the top of my crontab
(assuming ffmpeg is in one of these paths, I will check when I am home):

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

Hopefully that would address that problem.

Nasa