[mythtv-users] Acer Revo AR1600 using HDMI has problems showing Myth on TV

Jeremy Green jaggroups at brownout.com
Thu Apr 8 03:13:15 UTC 2010

I had a problem with one of my revos connected to a Dynex (i think, or some other cheap tv from best buy).  It refused to show a picture on the HDMI input unless the machine was outputting sound.  It drove me bonkers.  I couldn't figure out what was going on.  I eventually figured out that when I had speaker_test running, I would get video.  I ended up returning the TV and getting a nice panasonic one to replace it.

             -Jeremy