[mythtv-users] 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the same network?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 01:27:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> I /think/ it's also possible that you may have an issue on an
> already-configured system when the database server specified by
> mysql.txt/config.xml is not running and the application tries to fall back
> to UPnP to find the backend and its database (since it assumes you moved
> it).  That leads to http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7799 .  But, again, in
> an interactive environment, it will always prompt before doing anything.

And if it's prompting Michael Dean then it gets the right answer. If
it prompts a 7 year old boy who wants his cartoons then potentially
the database gets messed up? Not acceptable to me but that's just me.
If that even happens which we both think is a *might* but not sure
that it really can.

Anyway, on my network I don't want it running and the software has
given me a way to do that so I'm happy. What others do is totally up
to them.

Thanks,
Mark