[mythtv-users] 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the same network?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 7 22:17:02 UTC 2010

On 04/07/2010 04:40 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>> Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately this MythTV wiki page on the subject doesn't seem to
>>> tell me how to turn it off. I took a quick look using a frontend down
>>>
>> mythbackend --help
>>
>> --noupnp                       Do not enable the UPNP server
>>
> I wonder if any Gentoo users know whether this can go in
> /etc/conf.d/mythbackend? Or do I have to hand edit the init scripts?
>
> It worked (I think) editing the init script and adding --noupnp as
> Media Player no longer sees it. However editing init scripts is
> probably not the Gentoo  way to do this.

There's really no need to turn off UPnP.  I run a production system and
a development system (2 completely separate systems) on the same network
and they both have UPnP enabled.  The only thing UPnP does is
automatically find the backend so you can select it rather than type in
the information about it the first time you run your MythTV program.

Mike