[mythtv-users] 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the same network?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Apr 7 17:54:47 UTC 2010

On 4/7/2010 12:38, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Is there any problem with running both 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the
> same network?

No.  You can run two different instances of MythTV, and can even do two
instances on the same machine if you give them separate ports to use.
However, understand that they can never mix or share hardware, and there
is no simple way to migrate individual recordings between them.

> I know that 0.21 frontends can upset the 0.22 database
> so I won't change any settings on the existing 0.21 frontends and they
> will continue to only use the old server.

Your old frontends and server will be using their own database, and will
outright refuse to use the new database.  If your new backend or
frontends touch the old database, they will upgrade it and make it
unusable for the old software.