[mythtv-users] Missing XMLTV grabbers from 0.23 video source setup

Michael PARKER michael.parker at st.com
Wed Apr 7 11:34:39 UTC 2010

I've got a couple of Myth boxes, one running 0.22 on Fedora 10 and one running 0.23RC2 on Fedora 12.

Trying to add the UK Radio Times XMLTV grabber as a video source is giving different results between
boxes.

On the F10/0.22 platform, everything works as expected. Navigating to the "Listings grabber" field
in the mythtv-setup "Video source setup" window and cycling through the options eventually gives

On the F12/0.23RC2 platform, cycling through the options of "Listings grabber" field results in only
the Argentina grabber being available. No "Loading XMLTV configuration" message, no pause - just the
Argentina grabber (which happens to be the first grabber reported by a command line invocation of
tv_find_grabbers).

Invoking tv_find_grabbers from the command line results in all the installed grabbers being reported
well within the 30 second timeout. It just appears that the first grabber reported is parsed by
mythtv-setup and the remainder discarded/ignored. I can workaround the problem by moving all the
other grabbers out of /usr/bin, leaving just the Radio Times grabber in /usr/bin.

Before reporting this as a bug, I thought I'd check to see if anyone else can reproduce this
behaviour or if I'm doing something obviously stoopid.

Cheers,

Mike