[mythtv-users] Combining dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels

Jarle Thorsen jarlethorsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 22:53:46 UTC 2010

I have a setup with two dvb-s cards and one card that can do both dvb-s and
dvb-s2 channels. This means that the last card can tune the same channels as
the dvb-s cards, in addition to some dvb-s2 channels that the other two cards
can't see.

How should I setup this regarding video sources?

The way I have done this today is to create one video source for the two dvb-s
cards (filling it with channels from a channel scan on one of the dvb-s cards),
and one video source for the dvb-s2 card, filling it with a channel scan on the
dvb-s2 card.

As the dvb-s2 card gets both dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels I end up with a lot of
channels that are available on both video sources. (Channel name and channel
number are identical, and they are pointing to identical entries in
dtv_multiplex (however with different mplexid.)

Am I doing this the correct way?