[mythtv-users] Acer Revo AR1600 using HDMI has problems showing Myth on TV

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:54:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Daniel Born <born_daniel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I decided to buy an Acer Revo AR1600 as a Myth frontend and
> started setting it up over the weekend (using Mythbuntu 9.10 same as my backend).
>
> I have a problem displaying to the TV using HDMI... If I
> connect it using VGA, everything works but using HDMI,
> nothing is displayed once mythtv starts loading (screen goes
> dark as soon as the Myth splash screen (with the progress
> bar) gets displayed.

Have you tried it connected to another display?  I have a Dynex 1080p
LCD TV which I tried to drive with a Zotac ION board (so similar to
your Revo).  Connecting with HDMI gave me similar symptoms -
everything was visible during the boot sequence, but when X kicked it
with the NVIDIA drivers I got a blank screen (with the TV reporting a
1080p 60Hz signal).

When I connected it to two other 1080p displays (one a projector and
another a monitor) it worked perfectly using HDMI.  There was
something strange about the combination of the ION board and that
particular LCD.  I tried custom modelines, and everything.

I eventually gave up and connected with a VGA cable- so will be
curious if you resolve the issue.