[mythtv-users] PS3 remote wake-up (was MythTV 0.23rc1 upgrade experience)

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Tue Apr 6 20:28:13 UTC 2010

On 06/04/2010 20:15, Richard Morton wrote:
>> I normally just press any button and it re-connects, then sends the key press.
>> It can take a second or two to reconnect.
>
> hummm.... strange that mine wont "wake" without removing a battery briefly.
>
> I'll see if I can get my hands on an alternative bluetooth adapter and
> see if it is that which is causing the issue.
>
> I assume you followed the standard blueZ instructions on the XBMC
> wiki. Does my Input file (also on the myth wiki) look ok?

<snip other config file settings>

> # This section contains options that are specific to a device
> #
> # change this MAC address to that of your paired device
> # use "hcitool con" to list active bluetooth connections
> [00:24:33:94:E5:4B]
> #
> # Set a custom idle timeout (in minutes) for this device
> IdleTimeout=1

Although the comments state that the timeout is expressed in *minutes*,
the code actually interprets it in *seconds*.

However even with the timeout set to 1 second, my remotes (I have two
frontends using the remotes) still reconnect at the next key press
*without* having to take the battery out so this isn't your problem.

Have you tried running the bluetoothd daemon manually without forking
and showing debugging messages like this:

# bluetoothd -n -d

You should see sections of messages like this every time it connects,
processes input and disconnects:

bluetoothd[3373]: Processing PS3 device: 00:24:33:98:55:F6
bluetoothd[3373]: [00:24:33:98:55:F6] Using timeout of 1 seconds
bluetoothd[3373]: Creating timeout
bluetoothd[3373]: Got key: 23 [1]
bluetoothd[3373]: Got key: 23 [0]
bluetoothd[3373]: Disconnecting device because of timeout
bluetoothd[3373]: Input: disconnect
/org/bluez/3373/hci0/dev_00_24_33_98_55_F6
bluetoothd[3373]: Disconnecting PS3 remote

Hopefully you output may have something that explains why it doesn't
reconnect.

Regards,

Jason