[mythtv-users] DCT 6200 Firewire Afterusage

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 6 19:35:31 UTC 2010

On 04/06/2010 03:13 PM, George Galt wrote:
>> The proper fix is to use the new MythTV event system to specify a script to
>> run after recording stops that changes the channel to a better channel.
>>
>> Currently there's no distinction between "recording stopped and new
>> recording is starting on the same input" and "recording stopped and input is
>> not in use."  Therefore, you have 2 options:  either add a new event for
>> specifying that the input is not in use, or make a "smart" script that can
>> identify if the input is still in use (i.e. by using a combination of a
>> delay before changing the channel to SD, and a script for both Recording
>> started and Recording finished, and some state information with proiper
>> locking).  The actual script is left as an exercise to the reader.
>>
> I've looked over the current set of events.  It looks like -- at least
> for this purpose -- it would be helpful to have an "input idle" event
> when an input goes into an idle state, and both a %INPUT_NUM% and
> %TIME_UNTIL_NEXT_USE% parameter that would be passed to the script so
> that one could determine which input to operate on and what action to
> take (put the box to sleep, for example) -- that is, assuming I
> understand the scheme correctly.
>
> If you think this is a reasonable approach, I may try to take a crack
> at cobbling this together this weekend.

The time until next use would be very difficult to determine--it would
be much easier to just say, "No, I'm not immediately starting another
recording on the input".  Otherwise, yeah, that's what I was saying.

Using the recording started/stopped wouldn't be that difficult, either,
with proper scripts.  Just start a timer when you get a recording
stopped, and if after some timeout no new recording has started on that
input, change the channel.

Mike