[mythtv-users] viewer falls asleep with the EPG open - plasma burn in concerns

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 01:33:09 UTC 2010

>>> I'm sure this was all just testing, but remember that you don't want to just
>>> use xdg-screensaver reset if you're coding up the xdg-screensaver support.
>>>  We want to use the suspend/resume support.
>>>

>> Right - I'm working on grammatically determining the windowid of the
>> myth frontend. I've always used: 'xwininfo -name "MythTV Frontend"' or
>> something like that. I don't see it in already implemented in the
>> mythui - I was hoping it was a static function of MythMainWindow -
>> I'll check the QT libs to see if it's in there.
>>

> That's programatically

I've located the code in xwininfo.c for this and it's actually an
include from xc/programs/xlsfonts/dsimple.c in the xfree86 project.

Is it acceptable to add this include to the new class?

I've been attempting to use the WinId() function from QT but I'm
having a different problem including mythmainwindow.h in the
screensaver class.

Is using the QT function preferred? Does anyone see a simpler method
of obtaining the xwindowid of the mythmainwindow?