[mythtv-users] PS3 remote wake-up (was MythTV 0.23rc1 upgrade experience)

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 20:43:39 UTC 2010

> Other than that, 0.23rc1 compiled and is running happily under lucid for me.
>  Good job, devs!  I'll go have a look at those Release Notes now  ;-)

thanks for the info. very positive indeed.

> (Oh, for those interested in Sony BD Remote control (bluetooth) support
> under Lucid, I had to re-compile bluez 4.62 with kitlaan's patch, as per:
> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote.  But the
> current patch applies cleanly and all my keys are working again.   This
> remote is a great solution, since my frontend is bolted on the back of my TV
> with no line of site.)

thanks for the link; I have just set this up on ubuntu 910 with myth
0.22.  (I have updated the wiki page with the input map I created).

I have the timeout set to 1 (minute); but once the remote goes into
"standby" the only way to wake it seems to be to remove and re-insert
a battery.

Or am I missing something; is there a specific button or sequence to wake it up?

btw; I am using a belkin usb bluetooth adapter.

thanks in advance for any info on this.