[mythtv-users] Early hardware h264 support for Intel hardware

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:22:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>> It looks like Intel is moving towards hardware decoding of h264 video:
>>
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2010-March/006378.html
>>
>> That would be sweet!  And it would give the ion a run for its money.
>>
>> --Yan
>>

> Wow, depending on the chipset support and performance, this could be a
> game changer.

hmm, i seem to remember a conversation like this about 2 years ago
that prompted me (my fault, i know) to run out and buy in Intel mobo
with Intel graphics and chipset that never got support.  too bad
really cause it's a decent board (way overpowered) for an HTPC setup.
would be nice if there was another decent player in the graphics game
though.  options are always welcome. :)

--
Andrew Close